15 Reasons Why You Should Be Pretty Excited About Autumn
Autumn is finally here.
However, it always seems to be met with mixed emotions.
The summer months are always full of excitement, but as soon as September rolls around the excitement fades and people often begin to voice their dislike for this time of year.
Look don’t get me wrong. I love waking up to blue skies, exploring warm sunny days and sitting out in the garden on long summer evenings.
But I can’t deny that deep down I LOVE this time of year.
There seems to be this idea that there’s nothing to look forward to about Autumn. Well, I beg to differ.
Here’s why I’m pretty darn excited for Autumn:
1. It’s finally the perfect weather to go outside without turning into a miserable puddle of sweat on the floor.
2. Planning outfits becomes fun again. I mean, not that I didn’t love picking outfits purely based on whether or not it would produce lovely sweat patches on my back. 100 style points for me.
3. Buh-bye avocado salad. Time to indulge in mashed potatoes, gravy, pies, Yorkshire puddings and basically anything else that will result in having to undo the top button of your jeans just to be able to sit down.
4. Cracking out the dark plum lipstick and feeling your sass level increase by 703%
5. Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Cinnamon Lattes. However, they only count if you Instagram them, obviously.
6. Darker evenings mean more nights in on the sofa, with a duvet, binge-watching Louis Theroux documentaries. Plus as an added bonus, you can be in bed by 9 pm without judgement. Win-win.
7. All of your favourite American shows come back on TV. Hello to another few months of live-tweeting the latest episode of the Walking Dead and trying to decide whether I actually like Negan or not.
8. Autumn fashion in general. Boots, jumpers, scarfs, hats, long sexy coats. Because you can never have too many oversized jumpers right?!
9. Being able to indulge in that uncontrollable need to jump in a pile of leaves. We all deny it, but somehow we always manage to gravitate towards that crunchy pile of goodness whenever we’re walking nearby.
10. Justifying every elaborate purchase as an ‘early Christmas prezzie’ for yourself.
11. Channeling your inner Jon Snow and walking around the house draped in 14 blankets. I may not know nothing, but I am very warm.
12. Halloween is just around the corner. A holiday for drinking a bit too much, eating way too many sweets and spending far too much time planning the perfect costume, when in reality you’ll probably end up just wearing the same thing you’ve worn 3 years in a row. Hey, if it ain’t broke.
13. Bonfire night. In all honesty, it’s a bit pointless but HEY LOOK PRETTY FIREWORKS.
14. Saying a sweet, sweet goodbye to razors. Time to lock you away into a dark cupboard, never to be seen again until next Summer. Because who needs to shave their legs daily during this time of year anyway?
15. Christmas is just around the corner. Presents, board games, excessive amounts of Jacobs crackers, listening to the same 20 Christmas songs on repeat and reminding everyone that OH MY GOD ELF IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS FILM EVER OK?
What are your favourite things about Autumn? Let me know in the comments or tweet me at @_chloeabigail